The accompanying BCSO financial table lists important program milestones, with dates and what division manager will be accountable. Estimated budgets are also the responsibility of the division manage. The milestone schedule indicates our emphasis on planning for implementation.
What the table doesn't show is the commitment behind it. Our business plan includes complete provisions for plan-vs.-actual analysis, and we will be holding follow-up meetings every month to discuss the variance and any corrections or adjustments needed.
1. Hire 8 more merit deputies in 2017. (One left to hire – Six headed to the academy June 26th)
2. Hire 10 more corrections officers (jailers) in 2017. (All ten hired and completed basic two week training class)
3. Hire 1 communications administrator in the 911 dispatch center in 2017. (Filled internally and will assume these job responsibilities in October)
4. Hire 3 more courthouse deputies in 2017. (Completed and implemented)
5. Hire 1 more crime scene investigator in 2017. (Filled internally and will assume these responsibilities in October)
6. Hire 1 crime analyst in 2017. (Filled internally and will assume these responsibilities in October)
7. Increase drug abuse and mental health treatment options within the jail. (Started 24 hours of Institutional Mental Health 4/1 – 24 hours of Community Mental Health starts 7/1)
8. Include in-car cameras and body cameras in the Information Technology budget. (Vendor chosen out of four qualified vendors. Implementation of Body and In-Car Cameras 8/1)
9. Provide the equipment needed for enhanced Courthouse security. (All implemented except X-Ray. X-Ray machine will be installed by 7/1)
10. 2017 Budget Planning and Business Model PROJECT NEEDS for 2017
1905 Indianapolis Ave
Lebanon, IN 46052
Monday - Friday
8am - 4pm